Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Refurbishing stairway and trim work By Shapira Builders


Refurbishing stairway and trim work 

By Shapira Builders


This job was done in Manhattan. 
A general contractor hired me to finish this stairway.

When I came to job site I found that a wall that was going around the stairway was cut back 

Six steps up from the bottom had no drywall around and the two by four framing was exposed.
The original wall was floor to ceiling.

The treads were unfinished, missing the wood nosing
I had to modify the framing for the drywall.

second step was bending and hanging three layers of 1/4" thick drywall AKA sheet rock.
I had to water the drywall sheets, that made bending easy.

Baseboard and trim was soaked with water, bent and cut to fit.
The wet wood tend to shrink as it drys, so I cut it extra long.

I made the wood nosing and installed. 
The hand rail was installed at last.

Painting, staining and tile work was done by another contractor.

Thank for reading 

Shapira Builders gives free estimates. 
http://www.shapira builders.com
AZ License # 099221

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dov your work is always so amazing! The refurbishment really was nicely done so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete